North Carolina Car Accident Attorneys
20+ Years Helping Victims in Hickory, Charlotte & Columbia
Car accidents are a leading cause of injury across the nation. In North Carolina alone, 123,589 people were injured and 1,380 were killed in traffic accidents in 2015, according to the Division of Motor Vehicles.
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our car accident attorneys in North and South Carolina assist people who have been harmed in car accidents caused by other drivers. Our firm has obtained car accident settlements for many crash victims who had damages, including doctor and hospital bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
For a free consultation regarding a car accident lawsuit, call (828) 266-0216.
Causes of Car Accidents
You may be entitled to compensation if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by someone else’s fault or negligence.
Motorists can be negligent and cause accidents in a number of ways including:
- Drunk driving: In North Carolina, 28 percent of all traffic crash fatalities in 2015 involved alcohol impairment, according to NHTSA.
- Distracted driving: An estimated 421,000 people were injured in distracted driving accidents in the U.S. in 2012, as reported by NHTSA. Distracted driving includes texting, talking on cell phones, or any activity that distracts a driver from operating the vehicle.
- Drowsy driving: According to a poll conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, 103 million Americans admitted to having fallen asleep at the wheel. Approximately 11 million people admitted to being involved in accidents or near accidents because of drowsy driving.
- Aggressive driving: This dangerous behavior takes many forms. Such acts as speeding, following too closely, running red lights, and weaving between lanes are forms of aggressive driving.
What to Do When Involved in an Auto Accident
No one plans to be involved in an accident, but it is important to know what to do if one occurs. Taking the right steps early on can improve your chances to recover damages.
Below are some things you should do after an accident, if possible:
- Stop your vehicle. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime.
- Call 911 if someone is injured. If not, call the police. They can tell you whether or not to move the vehicle.
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone at the scene, particularly witnesses.
- See a doctor. Be specific in explaining the accident and any injuries or problems you are experiencing.
- Call The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor. You may need a North Carolina car accident lawyer to ensure that every effort is made toward a fair resolution of your claim.
- Do not sign anything and do not make any statements if an insurance adjuster shows up.
- Call your insurance carrier after you have spoken with your lawyer.
Attorneys That Treat You Like a Person, Not Just Another Client
Jason Taylor has a Martindale-Hubbell® AV® rating. We genuinely care about our clients and treat them like members of the family. When you work with our firm, you will be collaborating with down-to-earth people who make up a dedicated legal team with years of legal training and experience.
Scheduling a free consultation is just a phone call away. Call (828) 266-0216 today.