The staff and Hickory personal injury attorneys of The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor believe in giving back to our communities.
We operate like a family and because of that we support as a firm those causes our coworkers believe in. We do this through financial support, legal advice and physical work. While we frequently support other charitable causes, the law firm takes a special interest in the ones mentioned below. The importance of these organizations is obvious in the statements by the co-workers who chose them.
Along with our other contributions, we give back to our communities through the following organizations:
- The Bikers and Needy Children Foundation:We are a Charter Member of this nonprofit charity organization. For every case we handle for a biker, including cases that do not involve motorcycles, we make a contribution to the foundation in the name of our client out of the fees for our services. Bikers for Bikers was founded to assist injured bikers and needy children.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association – We make an annual financial contribution to MDA and consider it one of our core causes. MDA provides countless services to children and adults stricken with muscular dystrophy and other diseases that cause weakened muscle strength and limited mobility.
Food Banks: Every Friday, our staff brings in canned goods or $1.00 in exchange for
casual dress that day. Every dollar they bring in buys more canned goods
and the firm matches every case of food that the staff generates for donation
through food banks to hungry people. In addition, we do a Holiday Food
drive in November and December.
- Susan G. Komen – We proudly support Susan G. Komen, one of the largest breast cancer organizations in the U.S. This foundation funds research for a cure and raises awareness about breast cancer, which is vital to successful outcomes because early detection is key.
- Shriners Hospitals for Children – Our team has personally seen the work the Shriners do in providing world-class medical care to disabled children at no cost to the children or their families, and continues to support them in their mission to deliver high quality care.
- Camp LUCK – Camp LUCK was created by the family of a member of our legal team to provide a healthy, worry-free, and medically supervised environment for children with congenital heart disease.
- Caldwell Hospice – Caldwell Hospice provides communities of North Carolina with compassionate hospice and palliative care with a focus on love and support for families enduring difficult times. Caldwell Hospice works in homes and long-term care facilities in counties across the High Country.
- Holy Angels - Founded over 40 years ago when intellectual disabilities were not well understood or cared for, Holy Angels provided and continues to provide a home where these individuals can be cared for and thrive. This organization embodies selflessness, true human compassion, and enables those who are disabled to access new levels of love and have immense levels of potential to offer the world.
- Pat’s Place - The children are our future, but too many suffer neglect and abuse, with no place to turn. Pat's Place is the only child advocacy center in Mecklenburg County that serves children from birth to age 18. It provides a safe and secure place to reduce and address trauma and to promote healing from abuse.
- Safe Kids – Safe Kids is dedicated solely to the prevention of accidental injuries among children, a leading killer of children ages 19 and younger. This coalition sponsors and participates in local free events such as car-seat checkups, safety workshops, and sports clinics. As parents ourselves, we know safety is a priority.
- Women’s Resource Center – WRC has saved many lives by providing support services for women facing devastating life changes. Women2Work can provide clothing, transportation, interview skill development, and other services that enables the transition to obtaining an income. By supporting the organization, we help bring hope and resources to those with nowhere else to turn.
- Pit Stops for Hope – Pit Stops for Hope is a collaboration of the racing community united together for the betterment of America’s youth. By investing in our youth through supporting food banks and academic instructors, the organization looks to produce success and replace poverty with hope in our community.
- The Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation – The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation has come a long way with its research, and due to its tremendous progress, it has increased the quality of life for many people. We know Crohn’s disease has caused a great deal of suffering prior to the advanced treatment options available today, and the foundation plays a vital role in helping patients live better quality lives.
- Habitat for Humanity – Habitat for Humanity is a global nonprofit organization that helps homeowners build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. We support this charity because we know that eligible families are immensely grateful for having a place they can call their own.
- Samaritan’s Purse – Samaritan’s Purse has many missions, including Operation Heal our Patriots that reconnects spouses and families, US Disaster Relief that cleans out debris from destroyed homes, Operation Christmas Child that gives shoe boxes full of necessities to 150 countries, and World Medical Mission that provides medical equipment and surgeries to those who do not have access. Their mission is to provide spiritual and physical aid to those in need locally and abroad.
- Bikers Against Child Abuse – BACA is an organization that helps protect children from their abusers. They work with authorities and seek legal help if needed, and devote many hours to helping children with a personal and compassionate approach.
- Compassion International – Compassion International is a child advocacy ministry providing programs to children in need, without any ulterior motives. Through sponsorship, this ministry helps children of all faiths, cultures, and backgrounds, without requirements for religious obligation. We believe in this ministry because it makes a difference in a child's life.
- Sipe’s Orchard – Sipe's Orchard is a program that offers hope to homeless, disadvantaged youth. The program provides co-ed housing, in a very structured environment, to youth ages 17 to 21 years of age who do not have the financial ability or the skills to live independently. Sipe's Orchard offers vocational training, meals, transportation, and a support system to give them a helping hand and a head start on an independent life.
- Down Syndrome Association of Greater Charlotte – The Down Syndrome Association of Greater Charlotte supports families affected by down syndrome and is committed to helping individuals reach their full potential. Our team has donated to the Buddy Walk to raise money for this charity for years. This charity also not only serves Mecklenburg County but also the surrounding counties, including South Carolina.
- Easterseals UCP – Easterseals helps children, adults and families dealing with severe physical and mental disabilities. Easterseals strives to help people in living independently and living happy and rewarding lives. We have personally seen the life-changing benefits that Easterseals has provided and know how crucial these services are to the community.
Combining Legal Work With Community Service
We handle all kinds of injury cases, from trucking, airplane, boat, car and motorcycle collisions to trip and fall, inadequate security, nursing home abuse and neglect, and medical malpractice. We are also people who enjoy various aspects of life and when possible, incorporate our personal interest into our work life.
The firm handles a significant number of motorcycle injury cases in large part because lead attorney Jason Taylor has spent a large portion of his life riding motorcycles and is an active member in the motorcycle community. As a part of that community the firm is a Charter Member of Bikers for Bikers Foundation and donates money to the organization in the names of our injured motorcycle clients. The firm has also actively supported the Concerned Bikers Association and the Harley Owners Group. Jason has recently taken up flying and has a Cessna 180 Superhawk, which means we will likely see him getting involved in the flying community and doing more aviation cases. We are very much neighbors in our various communities and enjoy getting involved and helping each other.
With our roots here in North Carolina, we serve Boone, Asheville, Statesville, and Gastonia. We are proud to take cases from all of North and South Carolina with offices in Charlotte, Hickory, and Columbia, South Carolina.
Our Firm’s Philosophy
Our firm’s policy of contributing and giving back to the community is in keeping with our general approach and the basic philosophy of our law firm. We treat our clients like family. Our North & South Carolina lawyers and staff are down to earth people who genuinely care about other people.
We take pride in helping our clients who have been seriously injured or lost a loved one. Our goal is to help them obtain the compensation they need and deserve to cover their medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses and move forward with their lives. If they cannot come to us because of their injuries, we can and will go to them.
If you would like to meet our team and discuss a legal issue, call (828) 266-0216.