Jason E. TaylorHickory, Charlotte & Columbia Attorney - Partner
Mr. Taylor grew up on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, where he developed a lifelong passion for outdoor sports such as hunting, fishing, and riding motorcycles. Jason moved to Avon, Connecticut to attend high school at Avon Old Farms School, an all-boys boarding school. In high school, Jason played lacrosse and football while still finding time for hunting and fishing.
Early Work & Education
Jason graduated from Hobart College in Geneva, NY, completing the four-year curriculum in three years. Having developed an interest in law, Jason enrolled in American University’s Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C., and graduated with honors. Jason launched his law career in Charlotte in 1993, and co-founded a new firm in the spring of 1996.
In April, 2005, Jason left the firm he co-founded and started The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, with offices in Charlotte and Hickory. Jason has since opened an office in Columbia, South Carolina, and is now also licensed to practice law in South Carolina and Tennessee. As a Hickory attorney, Jason has argued a wide variety of cases in North Carolina courts, including but not limited to: wrongful death, medical malpractice, motor vehicle negligence, premises liability, unfair and deceptive trade practices, breach of contract, and various criminal cases. Jason has argued cases in counties throughout North Carolina, and has given oral arguments to both the North Carolina Industrial Commission as well as the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Legal Recognition & Professional Memberships
Jason has been recognized by his peers, and earned the AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been certified by the prestigious National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil Trial Advocacy. Jason is licensed to practice before all North Carolina Courts and the Middle and Western Federal districts of NC, as well as the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians. Jason is also licensed to practice in South Carolina and Tennessee. Jason has been nominated and served as a Vice President of North Carolina Advocates for Justice (formerly NC Assoc of Trial Lawyers) three different terms, as well as served on their Board of Governors and executive committee.
Jason is involved in a number of professional organizations including:
- American Association of Justice
- North Carolina Advocates For Justice
- N.C. Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- the Motorcycle Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- Catawba and Mecklenburg Bar Association
Jason has shared his legal knowledge with other lawyers by teaching a number of Continuing Legal Education classes. He also wrote the article, Trying the Motorcycle Accident Case, published in the October 2013 issue of the Trial Briefs and he has participated as a judge and coach in mock trial competitions for high school students.
Non-professional memberships include:
- Ducks Unlimited
- National Rifle Association (Life, Patron, Endowment & Golden Eagles member)
- American Motorcyclist Association
- Harley Owners Group (Charlotte, Hickory)
- Concerned Bikers Association
- The Bikers and Needy Children Foundation
- Motorcycle Riders Foundation.
Outside of his work as a Hickory attorney, Jason is married to Andie Taylor and has two wonderful step-children, Jack and Katie. The Taylors live on their farm, Black Sheep Farm, with their dogs, sheep, chickens and bees. Jason cherishes time with the family, reading, hunting and riding his motorcycles.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® rating
- Nominated and served as VP of North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Served on the Board of Governors and executive community for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Served as president of Mecklenburg Trial Lawyers Association
- Prominent member of the Motorcycle Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- Frequently Invited to teach Continuing Legal Education classes
- Active member of the American Association for Justice, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Southern Trial Lawyers Association, and N.C. Bar Association